AFS has been working side by side with CO2BioClean to offer them support in their search for valid investors. And, as sponsors and financial partners of the project, we are very pleased to announce that…
the CO2BioClean project has obtained an EIC contribution of €6.6 million!
Its innovative concept, the support of a team of experts and people who firmly believe in a bright future for green technology have granted the success of the project.
Find out more about CO2BioClean:
We use carbon emissions
to produce biodegradable biopolymers
to replace highly pollutant plastic materials.
- Novel business model enabled by a patented fermentation technology to produce 100% biodegradable textile fibers from CO2 emissions.
- The mission of CO2BioClean is to make valuable biodegradable biopolymers well-available by the efficient conversion of CO2 emissions.
- To contribute towards a plastic pollution-free planet by 2030, while generating relevant impact on industrial emissions reduction.
- CO2BioClean business model consists in selling technology licenses for production of biopolymers to a CO2 decentralised sourcing network. In addition to the distribution and sale of valuable polymers.
- The technology creates value by interconnecting the value chain of CO2 industrial emissions with plastics conversion. Hence, CO2BioClean represents an example of industrial innovation.
- The CO2 emissions are treated through CO2BioClean Technology at licensors plants. Therefore, CO2BioClean will outsource manufacturing operations but will own in-house distribution operations.
MEET THE TEAM
Dr. Fabiana Fantinel
Founder and CEO
PhD in Natural Sciences and MBA graduate with more than 15-year experience in R&D at large chemical companies, such as BASF, LyondellBasell and Capgemini Business Consulting.
Dr. Alessandro Carfagnini
Founder and CTO
MSc in Industrial Chemistry, manager for over 10 years in the family-owned company Softer SpA, sold to Celanese AG. Successfully launched SABIOMATERIALS, a bioplastics compounder.
Dr. Josef Glass
PhD in Engineering with over 15-years of experience in serving Boston Consulting, Bayer AG and advising several large chemical corporations on commercial and operational innovation.
Prof. Mauro Andriotto
Dr. David Newman, BA Hon Communication
Managing Director of BBIA, he has been working in the environmental field since 1988. Formerly (until 1997), as Director of Greenpeace in Italy. Then (from 1998 to present time), in waste recycling, bioplastics and biogas.
Prof. Helmut Schwab, Biotech
He has more than 40 years of experience in industrial biotechnology and fermentation. Prof. Schwab has worked extensively on biological CO2 fixation for bio-production of chemicals, fuels and biopolymers in several research and industrial projects.
- Andriotto Financial Services’ team is an official advisor of the European Commission for Horizon Europe.
- AFS has a Centre of Excellence in Switzerland with some of the most skilled EU grant specialists, writing successful proposals and supporting clients during different implementation phases of projects.
- AFS evaluates and selects the best projects and enterprises around Europe to receive public funding.
- Our client portfolio includes some of the most important public institutions in Italy and in Europe.
- Participating in Horizon Europe is an ambitious challenge. AFS has one of the highest success rates amongst our European competitors.
Are you looking to fund your next venture or unlock grant opportunities?
Contact us at [email protected]!