“The secret sauce to writing a successful European proposal: 6 tips to achieve the European Innovation Council excellence”.
Every project is unique on its weaknesses and strengths. The EIC Accelerator is one of the most competitive and advantageous funding programmes now available. All the innovation aspects of your proposal will be part of the evaluation; therefore, it is extremely important to highlight your project’s strengths and mitigate the points to be improved.
1. A great market-oriented innovation.
- Present a clear problem, a relevant market need and detailed strategy to solve the issue and satisfy that need.
- Traction and/or good commercial strategy: innovations should be highly focused on the scaling-up potential and commercialization possibilities. Highlight the most important features with potential to create new markets or disrupt existing ones.
- Based on strong transformational potential, disruptive innovations go beyond existing technologies and address societal, environmental, climate and economic questions.
2. A strong and united team with experience and the right academic background.
- In every business, it is highly recommended to have teams with diverse backgrounds and personal experiences. Make use of every opportunity to show how your team translates the best characteristics of your innovation, company goals and success strategy.
- Additionally, a proper team allows individuals to brainstorm collectively, expanding creativity and leading to a more effective problem resolution approach, increasing the company’s overall success chances.
- To demonstrate the capability to attract and retain talent in key positions is highly desired, while the core leadership team should preferably be 100% committed to the project.
- Show the team’s capability and motivation to implement the innovation proposal and bring it to the market. Any plans to acquire critical missing competencies are encouraged.
“The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” — Phil Jackson
3. The right partners to develop the projects based on real and documented collaborations.
- Use the partnerships to highlight the credibility of your innovation. Strong and committed partners and/or investors will support the strength of your idea.
- Awards, prizes, media featured news and previous funding/grants are always welcomed.
“Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” — Henry Ford
4. Write to convince evaluators to invest in your business.
- Think of the evaluator as an investor.
- Let the evaluator have a good time reading your proposal as a continuous and fluid text.
- Prepare an interesting, coherent, consistent, and accessible narrative.
- The communication of a realistic plan and strategy is important to sustain a clear and achievable roadmap to success.
5. Don’t forget the design!
- The design is not less important than the content! You never get a second chance to make a first impression! Whenever possible, use eye-appealing content. Use pictures, schemes, diagrams, and other materials to support the illustration of your innovation and better translate your ideas.
6. Get ready to shine at the Jury interviews.
- Show how much you trust and know about your own idea/innovation. Try to transmit all the confidence and passion you have to move forward no matter what.
- Be clear to translate your idea.
- Finally, know your innovation and business plan. Review and practice your pitch-deck over and over. Present it to different audiences and check how your innovation translates to each of them. Rehearsing the presentation will boost your confidence and lead to perfection.
It sure is a lot, don’t you think? If you’re considering a consulting services, Andriotto Financial Servoces is here for you!
Our team of experts can help you to build a reliable and consistent strategy to give you and your proposal your best chance.
You can fill our free pre-evaluation form and check if you are eligible to apply for the EIC Accelerator here:
Overawll, we wish you the best!
Andriotto Financial Services Management Team